Friday, February 06, 2009

Motorcycle Class


A few weeks ago I took a motorcycle class for the first time. The class is only three days, so it goes really fast. For the first class , we met at Westside Pavilion at the corner of Westwood and Pico and quickly learned from lectures and videos how to operate a motorcycle safely and took a test after just three hours. It helped me that I had downloaded and studied the DMV motorcycle handbook before the class. Then Saturday and Sunday we practiced riding a motocycle at the Veteran's Hospital parking lot on Wilshire. The teachers were really good. They explained step by step and were very strict. I got pretty nervous about making mistakes. At the end of Sunday's lesson, we took a riding test, including starting, shifting, turning, and stopping quickly. I passed! I'm not sure if I will buy a motorcycle, but I'm glad I learned how to be a safe rider.

Westside Motorcycle Academy:

DMV Motorcycle handbook:

No comments: